från 22 257,77 kr
The extremely robust Montana® 700i outdoor GPS device from Garmin can handle any adventure!
The 5” wide touch screen is easy to read even in strong sunlight and can be operated under almost any conditions. The pre-installed TopoActive Map of Europe provides precise navigation on difficult terrains, while the pre-installed CityNavigator® map offers reliable routing in civilized regions.
And thanks to the compatibility with many global navigation systems (GPS and Galileo), your position can always be quickly and reliably registered. With this, and a battery life of up to two weeks in the expedition mode, there’s nothing standing in the way of your outdoor adventure.
The Montana® 700i is also equipped with the Garmin inReach® technology so you can stay in contact regardless of whether you have cellphone reception. With the global messaging and interactive SOS alert over the Iridium® satellite network, you can always stay in touch with home or easily get help in an emergency (active satellite subscription required).
Global communication thanks to inReach® technology!
• TWO-WAY MESSAGING: Send and receive text messages with friends and family, post on social media, or communicate with other inReach®-compatible devices (active satellite subscription required).
• INTERACTIVE SOS: In an emergency, an interactive SOS alert is sent to GEOS, a professional, 24/7 global monitoring and rescue centre (active satellite subscription required).
• GLOBAL AVAILABILITY: Instead of only relying on cell network coverage, your messages are sent over the Iridium® satellite network with 100% global coverage (active satellite subscription required).
• INREACH® WEATHER INFORMATION: Receive inReach® weather forecasts with detailed updates on your Montana handheld or another paired device, so you know what the weather will be like on your trip.
• CITY NAVIGATION MAPS: Seamlessly transition from navigating trails to streets with the pre-installed City Navigator street maps, which will provide you with turn-by-turn guidance during your ride.
• TOPOACTIVE MAPS OF EUROPE: Use the pre-installed TopoActive maps of Europe for navigation. View altitude data, coast lines, rivers, landmarks, etc.
• DETAILED SATELLITE IMAGES: Use direct-to-device downloadable BirdsEye™ satellite images (no annual subscription necessary) for photo-realistic views and the creation of landmark-based waypoints.
• ABC SENSORS: Navigate the next trail with ABC-sensors, which include an altimeter for elevation information, a barometer to monitor the weather, and an electronic 3-axle compass.
• ACTIVE WEATHER DATA: Access active weather forecasts over the cellular network. So you are never surprised by bad weather. Use the Garmin Connect™ App (when paired with a compatible smartphone).
• DOG TRACKING: Hunters and dog trainers can synchronise the Montana with compatible hand devices from the Astro® or Alpha® Series (NOT included) so that their sporting dogs can be located in the field.
So you’re always on the right track on the trails!
• ROBUST MILITARY-STANDARD DESIGN: This rugged, water-resistant handheld device was tested according to US military standards (MIL-STD-810G) for thermal performance, impact resistance, and water-resistance rating. It offers a large 5” touchscreen which can also be operated with gloves and which is 50% larger than that of previous Montana models.
• MULTIPLE SATELLITE SYSTEMS: The Montana 700i uses GPS and Galileo global navigation satellite systems for more reliable, precise position information in difficult conditions than with just the use of GPS.
• SHARE YOUR LOCATION: Track your location and share it with your family or others that are on the go. They can see your progress on your web-based MapShare™ tour page or send requests for your position to your device to find out your GPS position and more (Satellite subscription required).
• EXTENDED BATTERY LIFE: An internal lithium-ion battery pack can handle up to 18 hours in GPS mode.
• EXPEDITION MODE: Go far and wide off-grid. Use the Expedition Mode, a GPS reference mode with very low power usage, to keep the Montana going for a week or longer before having to recharge.
• MOUNT FOR BIKES, BOOTS, MOTORCARS ETC.: With a variety of mounts (NOT included) that are compatible with the Montana hand device, you can use the GPS device with bikes, ATVs, boots, cars, motorcycles, campers or other vehicles. The Garmin Montana Bicycle Mount can be found under product code 2308762.
Maps and memory:
• Preloaded maps: Yes (TopoActive map of Europe, CityNavigator® maps)
• Global basic map (no routing)
• Option to add maps: yes
• Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on streets): Yes (with optional map for detailed street information)
• Map segments: 15
• BirdsEye™ satellite images: Yes (directly on the device, no annual subscription necessary)
• Slot for microSD cards (max. 32 GB)
• Waypoints: 10,000
• Tracks: 250
• Track log: 20,000 points, 250 saved GPXX tracks, 300 saved FIT activities
• Routes 250 (250 points per route; 50 points during automatic route calculation)
• RINEX logging: yes
TopoActive map of Europe:
• Routable, topographic map (OSM based) for the following European countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Macedonia, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia (only Kaliningrad), San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, Vatican City State.
(As the map is based on OSM data, there’s no guarantee for the quality and completeness of the map data.)
• Required memory: approx. 4.5 GB
• Additional information for leisure activities like hiking, cycling, geocaching etc.
• Altitude information (no contour lines)
• Address search (without street number) in Germany and the Netherlands from map update "Western Europe 3.0"
CityNavigator® maps of Europe NTU:
• Routable road map for the following European countries: Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus (Republic of Cyprus), Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Finland, France (incl. Guadeloupe, Martinique, Saint Barthélemy and French Guiana), Greece, Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, North Macedonia, Moldova (key metropolitan areas and city centres), Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine.
• Required memory: approx. 2.5 GB
• Additional information for restaurants, accommodations, border crossings, sights, petrol stations, camping places, shopping opportunities, etc.
• Displays turn-by-turn directions on compatible devices
• Speaks aloud street names (such as “take a right on main street”)
• Includes navigation functions such as turning restrictions, roundabouts, speed categories, etc.
• Includes traffic data for compatible devices that have traffic receptors
Features depend on the device being used! NOT every device has every feature!
• Barometric altimeter
• Compass (3-axis and tilt-compensation)
• GPS compass (when in motion)
Smart features (when paired with a compatible smartphone):
• Garmin Connect IQ™ compatible
• Garmin Connect™ Mobile compatible
• Active weather data
• Smart Notifications
Safety and tracking features:
Outdoor recreation features:
• Point to point navigation
• Compatible with BaseCamp™
• Area calculation
• Hunting and fishing calendar
• Solar and lunar calendar
• Xero™ Locations
• Geocaching mode (Geocaching Live)
• Compatible with custom maps: Yes (500 user-created map tiles)
• Picture viewer
• LED beacon light
inReach® features (some require an active satellite subscription):
• Interactive SOS alert
• Messaging (sending and receiving) through text and e-mail
• Text messaging (sending and receiving) over other inReach® device
• Exchange your position with others using inReach® devices
• Compatible with MapShare™ with tracking
• Virtual QWERTY keyboard for typing messages
• Dog tracking (when paired with a compatible dog tracking system)
Garmin Explore™ website/app:
• Sync data with compatible, paired Garmin devices
• Synchronisation via Bluetooth Smart via smartphone or via cable with your PC/Mac
• Experience adventures with route planning, position transfer and tracking as well as cloud memory for waypoints, routes and tracks
• Select maps, including topographic maps, maps of public land and air images; unlimited access to the maps in the app and the cloud memory
• Downloadable maps and navigation features for smartphones and tablets that can even be used anywhere, anytime, and without radio signal
Garmin Connect™ website/app:
• Synchronisation (transmission of training units) via Bluetooth Smart via smartphone or via cable with your PC/Mac
• Save, analyse, plan and share activities in social networks
• Live Tracking feature (show your friends and family your position in real time)
• Upload training data
• Map view
• Daily overview
• Diagram overviews
• Online challenges
• Comment on the activities of other users
Garmin Connect IQ™ features:
• Create individual display designs, integration of smartphone photos as display background
• Download apps and widgets for additional features
• Customise data fields
• Software development kit
Garmin Bluetooth® system requirements (smartphone compatibility)
• GPS Quad Helix antenna
• GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems): GPS; Galileo
• Robust and waterproof in accordance with IPX 7
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack (replaceable)
• Dimensions: 9.19 cm x 18.3 cm x 3.27 cm
• Transflective WVGA display with dual orientation
• Display size 6.48 cm x 10.8 cm, diagonal 12.7 cm (5 inches)
• Display resolution: 480 x 800 pixels
• Interface: Highspeed-Micro USB, NMEA 0183
• Memory / History: 16 GB (the available memory depends on the installed card)
• Slot for microSD cards (max. 32 GB, NOT included)
• Wireless connectivity: WLAN, Bluetooth®, ANT+®
• Supports ANT+ and Bluetooth LE-sensors (such as temperature, heart rate speed, and cadence)
• Weight: approx. 410 g (incl. lithium-ion battery pack)
• GPS mode: up to 18 hours
• Expedition mode: up to 330 hours
• GPS mode with 10-minute tracking: up to 18 hours
• Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking: up to 300 hours
In the box:
• 1 Garmin Montana® 700i GPS Device
• 1 Garmin Montana® lithium-ion battery pack
• 1 Garmin TopoActive map of Europe (pre-installed)
• 1 Garmin CityNavigator® Europe Map NTU (pre-installed)
• 1 USB charging/data cable
• 1 quick start manual
Optional Garmin map material on Micro SD card:
• Garmin Topo Germany V9 Pro Micro SD card (product code: 2292716)
• Garmin Topo TransAlpin+ Pro Micro SD card (product code: 2261561)
• Garmin Montana® 700/700i/750i Bicycle Handlebar Mount (product code: 2308762)
• Garmin speed sensor 2 (product code: 2292480)
• Garmin cadence sensor 2 (product code: 2292703)
• Garmin speed and cadence sensor 2 set (product code: 2290558)
• Garmin HRM Dual™ heart rate chest strap ANT+ (product code: 2286881)
Additional satellite communications (inReach® technology):
Some jurisdictions (in other countries) regulate or prohibit the use of satellite communication devices. It is your responsibility to know and follow all applicable laws in the jurisdictions where the device is intended to be used.